Find the Best Amazon Price Tracker
Do you do a lot of your shopping on Amazon? Maybe you are doing your monthly budget and wondering where your money has slipped away to… How can you improve your shopping habits and spend less on Amazon? The answer is to set up and use an Amazon Price Tracker, which will help make sure you spending the right price on Amazon products.
So, what exactly is the best Amazon Price Tracker? Camelcamelcamel and Keepa are two of the best choices for Amazon Price Trackers. They monitor price history and will send you alerts on products you flag.
Since Amazon no longer offers refunds for items you have purchased that have since seen their price drop, it is imperative to use an Amazon Price Tracker to ensure that you are paying the right price.
Read on to learn all about different options and how to select the best one to meet all of your needs whether you are a buyer or a seller!
Top Amazon Price Trackers
With Amazon having such a large presence in the shopping industry, it is only natural to want to track prices. In fact, it has become a necessity in order to make sure you are not paying more than you should. Fortunately, there are now a lot ways you can track Amazon prices, and here are a few examples of the best Amazon Price Trackers:
This is a great option for an Amazon Price Tracker. You can see charts and graphs of the price history for products you are tracking. Also, this app will push you alerts when products go on sale, so you do not have to worry about missing anything by not checking the app constantly. Using Camelcamelcamel is going to help you, the consumer, make informed decisions about how much to pay for a particular product.
You can also use this to monitor prices of the competition. Say you cannot decide between two particular brands that offer products that are almost identical. Monitor both brands’ price history, and snag the product when it gets to the best price.
You will be able to synchronize the app with your Amazon Wish List, so it will track the prices of everything you are wanting to buy in the future, which will give you great insight into when you should pull the trigger on a purchase.
One of the best features is the Trend Analysis provided . Not only will you get alerts when prices drop, but you can see graphs analyzing trends, which can help you predict if the price is going to continue to drop, or if it might rise in the near future.
While Keepa is definitely an app we recommend, be advised that to access the best features of Keepa you will need to pay a fee. There is a free version, but what they offer in the free version is fairly limited, and you could basically do price tracking yourself instead of using the free version.
Keepa’s paid version is a fine product, and an Amazon Price Tracker we stand behind. You can download a Keepa app right to your Android phone, and track Amazon prices instantly, so you will never miss a good deal.
The price history tracking and alerts they send when products drop prices are reasons enough to subscribe to Keepa. You will also love being able to monitor this app from your phone without needing to log onto your computer. You can be on the go and make a sound decision to make a purchase all with the push of a button on your phone.
Amazon Price Tracker by DigitalInspiration
If you are someone who likes to start each day with different newsletters in your Inbox, this is a great app for you. This Amazon Price Tracker is great if you want a daily email sent to you capturing all of the price changes from the day before.
Maybe you do not need data pushed to you real time, and you just want to read a summary of price history and price drops that happen over the course of a day. If that is the case, this is a good app for you.
You can set price thresholds and ask to be notified when a product drops below a certain price, for those items you can get an instant alert sent to you, giving you the chance to purchase the product instantly.
This product also has fees, and there is no free option for you to start with. So, if that is a deal breaker for you then you might want to consider the next option, Honey.
Honey is a pretty popular Amazon Price Tracker, as it is free, and offers quite a bit of services for free. Install Honey right on your computer, and do all of your shopping through the app, and you are bound to save money.
One of the nice components of this app is that Honey will track the pricing of every seller, so it can alert you to competitors pricing in case you are flexible on what brand of a product you purchase.
You will also get access to Price History graphs and tracking as well, so you can see the history of a product and how it has been priced over time. Use this feature to decide when the right time is for you to purchase a specific product based on its past pricing trends.
You can ultimately make your Amazon purchase right through the Honey app, making it a very easy process to get notified of a low price and move forward with making the purchase.
This app is a little unique, and is different than the others on our recommended list. If you know you want to buy an item and you want to purchase when it drops to a select price, enter that in Waatcher. Waatcher will buy the product automatically for you whenever the price drops to the amount that you selected.
This is a great option if you are less interest in a product’s history and just know you want to buy a specific item at a specific price. Waatcher will do the work for you, and you do not have to worry about missing out on a price because you are sleeping or at work.
Waatcher users save on average 30% on each order, making this a great way to save some money and make sure you are paying the right price for your items.
You have a variety of options when you are thinking of which Amazon Price Tracker to select. Depending on your needs, you should be able to find a viable option on our list above.
Learn how to save some money in your purchases by letting an Amazon Price Tracker alert you when products you want to buy go on sale.
How Does Amazon Price Tracking Work?
This depends on which app you choose . In general, most apps will track specific products and provide some version of a price history. While each app is a little different, here are a few overall steps that should work for most apps, so you can get started today using the best Amazon Pricing Tracker for you:
- Download the app onto your PC. A lot of them will put a widget in your browser that you can click on when you want to access the app.
- Create an account (sometimes free, sometimes it will require your credit card info), and enter your basic information: name, address, etc.
- Link your account to your Amazon account.
- Import your Amazon Wish List, or manually add products you want the app to monitor for price changes.
- Let the app work for you and monitor it regularly to start to get a feel for the pricing trends on products you are tracking.
To give you an idea of how to get set up, here is a video that shows you how to install and use Honey . Give that video a look, and you should be able to get set up and using an Amazon Price Tracker in no time.
Never miss an Amazon deal again, and never pay too much money for a product that will be dropping in price by letting an Amazon Price Tracker tell you when the best time is to buy products.
Using an Amazon Price Tracker to Prevent Hackers and Fraud
Amazon sellers might want to use an Amazon Price Tracking app to help prevent fraud. Hackers have been improving their skills and can now use your Amazon seller account to obtain money and credit card information from your customers.
For example, AMZAlert is designed to monitor Amazon prices. This is a good app if you are an Amazon seller, as it will alert you and help protect you from Amazon hackers. Hackers can impersonate you as a seller, and this app helps protect against that and make sure your Amazon seller account is safe and sound.
To get the most out of this Amazon Price Tracker, set up AMZAlert to watch for price changes and fraudulent activity.
Check Amazon Price History
Past performance can be an indicator of future success. That phrase gets thrown around a lot these days, but it is applicable to Amazon pricing as well. Does a product drop in price or rise in price during particular times of the year? Does the Christmas season have an effect on a product’s price?
If you do not need to buy a product immediately, Price History can be very helpful. Maybe you know you are buying your son a particular birthday present within the 6 months. Using an Amazon Price Tracker to track a product’s Price History, can help you predict what time of year is best to buy the product.
While it is not an exact science, and the global trade markets and inflation can certainly affect prices, tracking previous Price History of an item is a good way to reasonably predict when the best future time to buy a product is.
How to Track Amazon Prices by Yourself
If you are not going to use an Amazon Price Tracker, it is going to be difficult to know how much to pay for a product. Here are some things to consider if you are thinking of tracking Amazon prices within an Amazon Price Tracking app:
- Are you technologically savvy? If you are, you can create an app or a widget to it yourself, but it might be easier to just use what the experts have already set up instead of starting from scratch by yourself.
- Do you want to manually monitor prices? One way to track prices yourself is to constantly refresh the page on Amazon, day after day, to see if the price changes. Doesn’t it sound easier to use an already existing app to do that for you?
While it might be possible to track Amazon prices by yourself, chances are you are going to miss out on the best deals, and you might spend a lot of time manually checking Amazon to see if prices change. It is best to use an already existing Amazon Price Tracking app.
Amazon Price Monitoring
Amazon Price Trackers are great tools, and some of them will even purchase the products for you at pre-set prices. If you at not looking for a tool that quite extensive, there is another Amazon Price Tracker option for you.
Price monitoring can be just as important as using a Price tracker. Using these apps to monitor prices is going to help make you a more intelligent buyer or seller.
Even if you do not use Amazon Price Trackers to purchase products directly, you should take advantage of all the analysis and monitoring they do for a product’s price history.
You can set up an Amazon Price tracker just to monitor prices, and you do not have to make any purchases through the app. Just take advantage of what the Amazon Price Tracker offers you, and get smart on what is considered a good price for the product you are trying to purchase.
Frequently Asked Questions about Amazon Price Trackers
- What are Amazon Price Trackers? These are tools that will help you track the price of products on Amazon, so you will be able to know if you are getting a good price on something. Since Amazon regularly changes the price of items, you can use an Amazon Price Tracker to keep track of prices and alert you when prices drop and items are on sale. By using an Amazon Price Tracker you are much more likely to not over pay for an item. And, as an Amazon seller, you can monitor your competitors to make sure your product is properly priced.
- Can you view price history on Amazon? Yes, using an Amazon Price Tracker will allow you to view price history on Amazon. An app like Keepa keeps track of price history of everything on Amazon. Using an app will allow you to regularly monitor price history. Keepa is updated throughout the day on all products, but if you flag certain products you are interested in, you can be updated hourly with updated pricing and price history.
- Can Amazon alert you when a price drops? Absolutely. You will need an Amazon Price Tracker app, like Camelcamelcamel, and then you can set up how frequently you wanted to be alerted about price drops, and which products you want to be notified about price drops. You can import your Amazon wish list into Camelcamelcamel, and be notified every time the price changes on something you want to buy.
- Does Amazon refund you if a price drops? Not anymore. You used to have 7 days to ask for a refund on an item you purchased when the price dropped. Amazon did away with that practice, making it all the more important to use an Amazon Price Tracker, so that you get the best price before you purchase something, and do not have to try to haggle for a refund. Using an Amazon Price Tracker can give you peace of mind to know that you are paying the right amount for an item.
An Amazon Price Tracker is the best way to know when a product you want to buy goes on sale and is discounted, and will help you never miss out on a good sale again.
Videos about Amazon Price Trackers
If you want some more tips and tricks about Amazon Price Trackers and how to monitor prices on Amazon, check out a few videos to see even more helpful information:
- Best Amazon Price Tracker – Honey versus Camelcamelcamel – This video gives a detailed review of two of our top choices for Amazon Price Trackers. If you have any questions about using either Honey or Camelcamelcamel, or which is the better of the two, give this video a watch, and you will soon be able to decide on the right Amazon Price Tracker for you.
- Build an App to Track Amazon Prices – If you do not love any of the Amazon Price Trackers available to you and you think you can make a better one, this video will show you how to build your own app that you can use to track Amazon prices.
- How to Dominate Using Keepa (Amazon Price Tracker) – Here is a look at another of the Amazon Price Trackers that we recommend, Keepa. Give this video a watch to learn how to use Keepa to get ahead of the game in Amazon. Keepa is a great option, and after you watch this video you can get started in using Keepa.
Sometimes it is easier to process information by watching videos instead of reading articles. If that applies to you, check out some videos on YouTube that can help you master Amazon and learn how to find the best sales and deals.
Should Buyers or Sellers use Amazon Price Trackers
Both buyers and sellers should use Amazon Price Trackers . You might think it is obvious that buyers should use Amazon Price Trackers, and it is. Why wouldn’t you want to see price history and make sure you are paying the lowest amount you can for a product on Amazon? Never spend more than you need to by using an Amazon Price Tracker.
It is just as important that sellers use Amazon Price Trackers. If you are an Amazon seller, your goal is to sell as many of your product as you can, and to make the most profit that you can. By using an Amazon Price Tracker, you can keep an eye on the prices of your competitors. Monitor their prices, so you can stay a step ahead and make sure you are selling your product at a competitive price. This is one way to increase the amount of traffic and buyers to your product.
Final Thoughts on the Best Amazon Price Tracker
We recommend Camelcamelcamel and Keepa as two of the best amazon Price Trackers. There are other options as well, but either of these will do a great job of monitoring prices and alerting you to price changes in products you are tracking.
There are also Amazon Price Trackers that will send you daily summaries and analyze pricing trends to help give you as much information as possible so you can make a sound decision.
Since you cannot easily get a refund on an item you purchased from Amazon that has since dropped in price, it is very important to use an Amazon Price Tracker when shopping on Amazon.
Both Amazon buyers and Amazon sellers can benefit from using an Amazon Price Tracker. You will learn information and price history for a variety of products, and you can compare options and brands. Choose any of the ones mentioned in this article, and you will find yourself saving money in no time at all.